Friday 23 December 2016

Song for Advent #27: Whenever God Shines His Light - Van Morrison and Cliff Richard

Thinking about the shepherds in the fields when the birth of Jesus is announced, I was going to go for Manfred Mann singing Blinded By The Light but opted for this instead. Van Morrison has been a favourite artist for many years and I was pleased Springsteen listed him in his Desert Island Discs. I've had a love/hate relationship with Cliff down the years. He was my mum's favourite and didn't fit into my early 70s obsession with Led Zeppelin, The Who etc. Still I have to respect his place in the development of rock n' roll and his longevity. I also respect the grace with which he has handled his appalling treatment at the hands of the police and media over the last couple of years. Above all I respect his witness as a Christian and his tireless support of Tearfund over decades. For many years every other tour Cliff did was dedicated to raising money for Tearfund long before other musicians found supporting charities the thing to do. Anyway, here it is, Van the Man and Cliff singing Whenever God Shines His Light.

2 comments:

sirako said...

I like the song

Buy Contact Lenses said...

It was terribly helpful on behalf of me. Keep sharing such ideas within the future likewise. This was truly what i used to be craving for, and that i am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such data with U.S..