Monday 1 February 2010

year planner

In my room at the Diocesan Office I have a large magnetic whiteboard on which I place important pieces of information and occasionally doodle. The board displays two vital planning charts for this year. The first is my 2010 World Cup wall chart and the other a 2010 Six Nations Rugby Union chart. Unfortunately, the space occupied means there is no room for my original work year planner, so I am relying on my secretary to remind me of other appointments and work related events. My wife is very good at reminding me about the family stuff. Discretion prevents me revealing which Archdeacon emailed me the evening the England World Cup fixtures were decided to point out a clash between a semi-final and our Course in Christian Studies presentation service in the cathedral.

wallchartIt goes without saying that other important dates including Champions League fixtures and various cup finals are diarised as soon as they are published; sadly this year the FA Cup final is of no further interest. In recent years my board has displayed pull out souvenirs of Manchester United triumphs in domestic and European competitions too numerous to mention. They are a constant source of pain for my work colleague who is an Arsenal supporter.

The other item enjoying pride of place on my board is a copy of an excellent Dave Walker cartoon which I commissioned for a vocations resource we are launching in the diocese; I’ll be blogging about that soon.

No comments: